This past week

You would think that with all of this time on my hands that I would keep up with blogger but of course that has not happened As i was leaving work on my last day a friend mentioned facebook so I signed up for that and I check it almost everyday - must be because it is new :)

Last week was not very productive. On Monday and Tuesday I did not do much. Just kind of relaxed and tried to get out of my funk. I did some spring cleaning but that got old real fast.

On Wednesday I got out of the house and met Sarah and Andrew at Soup Plantation for lunch. Then I went with them to Target, did not really buy anything but at least shopping with Sarah got me out of the house.

On Thursday I went down to my old work. that was an odd experience, being there but not really being there. I had to turn in paperwork. I had to decide what to do with my 401K - now is not the time to mess with that so I decided to just leave it where it is and hopefully in the future i can roll it over. Then a few co-workers took me to lunch and we visited and I learned that 3 more people were let go that Monday. I am worried for the rest, I hope everything goes well and that they have let enough people go so that everyone else can keep their jobs.

On Friday I left for Phoenix to visit Lisa and her family. Lisa and I have known each other since I was 5 and she was 3 when my family moved into her neighborhood. We have been great friends ever since, we are more like family. So It was great to see her and it was her daughters 6th birthday while I was there and so we spent a few chaotic hours at Peter Piper Pizza with a billion kids. When Gia opened her Hannah Montana dolls that I got her she said that she was glad that God made me. Out of the mouths of babes! My friend Holly and her son Trevor drove over there with me. On Saturday night Lisa's parents were great and watched the kids so that we could go out. We went to a bar/club called the Litehouse. We started the night out right with Tequila shots. Then everyone switched to their drink of choice, I had Captain Morgan and coke - of course.... We did not get back to the house until 2 AM, again, lisa's dad was great and he dropped and picked us up so that we did not have to worry about one of us staying sober because that was not happening. Then after breakfast on Sunday Holly, Trevor and I hit the road to come back to SAn Diego. I dd all of the driving since my car is a stick shift and Holly cannot drive a stick...... this was not a fun drive after drinking the night before.... I stopped in Yuma on my home to say Hi to my granparents. I had to stop considering I was all the way out there and I do not get to see them that often. I did not call ahead and I surprised my Da-da who was outside in their patio when I pulled up... We stayed for about 30 minutes then got back on the road. I got home about 4 PM, took a quick nap, made dinner wathced my DVR and then went back to bed early.

Yesterday I did some laundry from the trip, ran a few errands - it was my dads birthday and talk about last minute, I needed to go get him a gift. But then I found out that I did not have to rush because my brother asked us to wait for him and he had to work 4PM to midnight yesterday and today so we are not going to give my dad his gifts until Thursday I think. My brother is an electrician apprentice and he is currently at the San Diego Zoo so they have to work after hours.

Today I just need to go to verizon and possibly upgrade my plan. My bill was outragous this month so I need to go and check it out.

Tomorrow and Thursday I am attending a career transition seminar. they help you with your resume and with the job search. My old company is paying for it so I might as well attend and hopefully it will help. Then Friday if everything goes well i am heading up to Christina's for Maddie's first birthday. I cannot believe she is going to be one already!

1 comments:

Im home all the time and I never get anything done!

March 4, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home