My Sadie








SADIE






NOVEMBER 13, 1996 - SEPTEMBER 14, 2008






Yesterday evening Sadie, my beloved dachshund suffered a stroke and had to be put to sleep. It came on so sudden that I still cannot believe that she is not here sitting at my feet as I type.






Sadie, AKA* Sadie Lady * black dog*, you are my favorite. There was something about you that I am sure I will never see in another dog. You were much more than a dog, I swear you had more human traits than you did canine. Since the day we brought you home on December 26, 1996, you have been in my heart. You loved the water more than any dog I have ever owned. I am now especially grateful that we went to Lake Havasu in June so you could swim and chase the ducks. It was not the same stepping out of the shower this morning and not having you there waiting for me. You were always underfoot, I did not even mind tripping over you because you were so damn cute. You hated being left alone, you would be good and just sit on the back of the couch but you still preferred to be with your family. You are the only one that would come in the bathroom and sleep on the rug if I was in the bath or shower. When we were camping you would stay out all night at the campfires, you were not afraid of anything as long as one of us with you. Oh, this hurts to be writing this. Maybe it is too soon, I have not had a good cry yet but I am starting to now. I am sure that JessJess had a rough day today with you gone and everyone else at work. She did not eat this morning and I had to hand feed her a little while ago. I am sure it is because she misses her "sister" and does not understand.






Here are a few pics of Sadie Lady that I wish to share.










SADIE w/blu ribbon, the day we picked her from the litter.







At a friends pool



She loved her "babies"


Sadie and JessJess



5 comments:

What a crappy way to end the weekend. I am SO sorry. Hang in there girl :o)

September 15, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

aww when I saw the title of your post I was thinking ooh no now Sadie got attacked by a coyote...but then realized it was worse than that.

I'm so sorry she's gone. Losing a dog is just as bad if not worse than losing a family member to me.

It just plain sucks and I hope things get better soon for you!

Love the pictures!!

September 15, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

I'm so sorry Loretta. That really is the worst way to end a weekend. They are only with us a short time, but we never stop loving our pets. She was such a cute dog.

September 15, 2008 at 10:30 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 16, 2008 at 6:43 AM  

Thank you everyone for you kind words.
I appreciate them.

September 16, 2008 at 7:23 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home