Last night was the 33rd annual 101.5 KGB annual sky show at Qualcomm stadium here in San Diego. The fantastic fireworks show started at about 10 PM after the SDSU Aztecs got their a$$es kicked!
I used to go the Sky show as a kid when it was after a San Diego Padres game, but a few years ago the Padres got their own ball park so now it is held after the Aztec football game. I got up early (for a saturday) 6:30 AM so that I could drop my parents off to catch a bus to take then to La to go on a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riveria (I have not heard from them and I did see that there is a hurricane down there - hope the ship is not rocking too hard).... Then I got ready to meet the Champions and some of their friends down at the stadium. We tailgated and hung out until the fireworks started at 10. Luckily I found someone to drop me off so that I did not have to worry about driving home.... KGB also had a small carnival for the kids but that did not stop my from going on some of the rides. Those swings did make me dizzy and I did not go back on them. It was also Sierra's 14th birthday so I made her go on the ride where you stand up and it spins really fast and gravity was the only thing holding you in place. This might have contributed to my headache later in the evening. Tina brought "homemade" tequila that someone gave her. So we decided to use it for shooters(Joanna took pics of us crazies taking shots and hopefully she will send me the pics). It was actually very smooth and did not have much of an after taste which can be a bad thing because you then decide to do more and it creeps up on you later.


I got dropped off at home a little after 1 Am and I could not go to sleep because the damn tequila decided to haunt me by giving me heartburn, not to mention a headache. i finally got out of bed around 10 AM and my head was just killing me. THe rest of me is fine....

NO MORE TEQUILA SHOTS!

Here are some pics from the day.



Me giving Sierra her balloon.


On the dizzy swings.




On the gravity spinner






Austin and friends on swings.



Austin after going down slide.

Walking back from carnival.

This cannot be good!

Right before she dropped the cake, which landed right side up - unbelievable.

Stadium at night.

4 comments:

wow i can't beleive sierra is 14... she's the same age as my sister in law and i didnt even realize it. i still picture her as a little girl haha

that's cool so is it free to go see the fireworks?

October 12, 2008 at 6:51 PM  

You have to pay to park inside the lot, but I got dropped off and walked in so it was free for me. A lot of people show up right before the fireworks and park elsewhere and just walk in.

October 13, 2008 at 6:56 AM  

Qualcom has a nice parking lot. That's where Erik and I parked when we went to Comic-Con. We already bought our 4 day passes for next year. we're crazy. The fireworks look like they were a blast.

October 13, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

sounds like a great time...except for the tequila...nasty

October 14, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home