JessJess

JessJess AKA BabyJess AKA The Brat was attacked by a damn coyote this morning around 7 AM. She also was attacked almost four years ago to the day. The coyote grabbed her right next to our front porch. My dogs are house dogs, they only go out to go to the bathroom or if they want to go out for a bit, but someone is always with them. I live in Lemon Grove which is a small city in San Diego. I mean the dang trolley is a hop skip and jump away. Where are these coyotes coming from? Anyway, I got a little side tracked (I am soooo tired).
The coyote was a pup and it dropped Jess in the middle of the street. Jess was in shocked and she stared running down the middle of the street towards the craziest intersection. Cars were pulling over for her. She had a nasty cut on the back of her neck and a puncutre wound on her neck. Four years ago when this happened it was a large adult coyote and it shook Jess around by the neck before it let her go, which resulted in her tracchia (sp?) being torn in half even though all we could see were the puncture wounds. She had to have surgery to repair that. Now back to today, the vet did not hear any air in her throat so there was a chance that since it was a pup and it dropped her sooner than last time that her tracchia was not punctured. They told us that we could prob pick her up at 6 PM, they need to run antibiotics, stich up the back of her neck and then go in and explore her wounds, check for internal damage and then clean them up because coyotes are dirty animals. Well 6 has came and gone and they had not brought her in for the wound surgery exploration thingy. I guess they were busy and have had several emergincies, including 3 other coyote related accidents. So I try back at 8 still nothing, they say she is next in line and she should be done at 10:30 PM. I feel horrible for her, she is wondering where we are. i want to bring my other dog Sadie there to sit with JessJess.... So I just called at 10:30 PM and they are finally prepping her and the xray shows that there is no air in her tracchia. So I am going to call at midnight even tough they said they would call when they were thru. I really do not want her to have to stay the night even though now it looks like I will not have a choice....... Poor thing, I hope this does not change her personality but really, how could it not. She is probably going to be afraid of her own shadow but who can blame her.
Oh and did I mention how hot it is here today? wow and it is only June.
Oh and when I was chasing my dog, I was in underwear and a bathtowel that I grabbed as I was running out the door - yeah it is hot so I only sleep in underwear (TMI) but you have to hear this. SO when I get back from the vet my neighbor who had his 75th birthday Thursday told me that he saw me running half naked like an olympic runner!
That is my saturday, the first official day of summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

hahaha sorry not funny but the underwear thing is funny, had to laugh about that. isn't it funny how we could care less how we are dressed etc. when our babies are in danger? I would probably run down the street naked if our dog's lives were at stake same w/ maddie too ofcourse.

I hope that JessJess gets better.

June 22, 2008 at 8:17 AM  

That is so sad! I hope you have her back by now. Poor baby - you and the puppy.

June 22, 2008 at 5:08 PM  

I was glad to hear back that JessJess is doing much better and I'm so glad the attack wasn't as bad as the last. The image of you running down the street with a towel and underwear is pretty funny.

June 23, 2008 at 9:54 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home