It is already June

Wow, where has the first half of the year gone? I worked another charity event fro work today. This one was down in Coronado at the bay. It was Bay 2 Bay, riders could use any human powered water craft and row/paddle/etc from either Shelter Island or Mission bay to Coronado tidelands park. It was a 20 or 5 mile course. I did the 20 mile (yeah right!) - we fed all the participants and their families lunch at the finish line. the morning started out gloomy and windy. Today had the worst water conditions in the 25 years that they have been doing this. The evnet benefits the YMCA. I guess the participants had to deal with a head wind and very choppy water, they made the most rescues today then they have in all past events. All in all it was a good day. I just woke up from a quick nap and know I need to get ready to go to dinner with some friends and then I am not sure what we are doing from there. Ok, well I just wanted to send out a quick blog since it has been more than a week since my last post. I will get this under control one day......... Until then - See ya!

3 comments:

sounds like fun. Our friend Ramzi went to SF Bay to the bay to breakers run and I guess its like one big wild party.

June 7, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

Your such a good person to be doing all this volunteer work...I remember way back when, i used to have time for that.

Sorry the weather sucked...Coranado is so beautiful when the weather is cooperating!

June 8, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

I've always wanted to go there and it sounds like it was a lot of fun!!

June 9, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home