Christmas 08 at Desert

Well, it has been a great, but hectic, past 2 weeks. It will take more than one post to get it all out. Lets see, I will start with the Christmas week. I got off of work at 3:30 PM on Tuesday 12/23, I went and picked up my brother and then we went down to meet my parents is Ocotillo. When we arrived there we loaded up the trailer with our bikes, etc, and put all our stuff in the motorhome. Then we got ready to leave for the Gordon Wells Sand Dunes. we pull out of the yard and the motorhome dies. My dad gets out and apparently the fuel pump was hanging by a thread so that put us about 40 min behind. Then we finally get on the road and head for the dunes. We had a really big crowd of family and friends this year including people from Sacramento, a few from Fallon Nevada, Orem Utah and Sweet Idaho. There were not too many other camps at the dunes, which was really nice when you went riding. You did not have to worry about anyone cutting you off or crashing in to you. The weather started off beautiful but on Christmas night the wind blew and blew, it felt like the motorhomes were going to tip over and when you went outside you needed goggles to keep the sand out of your eyes. After that night the wind slowed but it was COLD the rest of the days. I lived in my beanie and gloves. A few years ago at Christmas it was so hot that I actualy jumped in the canal. I left the dunes on Sunday night to work a few days then drive back to the desert for the New Year. Here are some pics from the sand dunes. I have a lot so I am just trying to pick the better ones to post here.

Me out in the dunes!

Me coming down my favorite hill to climb!

My bike....... after I got stuck in soft sand that took about 20 minutes for Joanna and I to dig out. Oh yeah, and no one noticed that we were missing either!!!!

2 comments:

the desert always looks hot in pictures even if its cold ;O)

ive never been to any sand dunes looks like fun!

January 5, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

i miss going riding. that used to be soooo much fun!

looks like you guys had a good time!

January 5, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home