Happy Turkey day!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.
AS soon as I can leave work this afternoon I will be driving out to the dry dusty flat area in Imperial Valley known as Ocotillo. My parents decided that this is where they want to retire someday. It is literly in the middle of no where. The closest town is about 25 miles east and that is El Centro so it is not really much of a town. Ocotillo does not have a gas station or grocery store but it does have The Lazy Lizard which is a small bar with 2 dart machines and a pool table - so what does that tell you about the area. Actually it is not that bad but you have to like the dry desert. My parents bought a house there about 4 years ago and they go down there practicly every weekend. This will be the 2nd year that we have had Thanksgiving there. My grandparents from my moms side will be there, adn some aunts uncle and cousins from my dads family. Plus several of my parents friends either have a place or will camp out there. It will be nice to be out of town for a few days. I will also be able to ride my quad which will be nice, it has been awhile since I have been riding. Ok, well the sooner I get some work done the sooner I can get on the road. It is not a bad drive but I do have to go through a mountain grade and it has been raining here all night so it is probably raining in the mountains as well.
I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Have a SAFE drive girl :o)\
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

November 26, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

Have an Awesome Thanksgiving! Have fun on your Quad!!

November 26, 2008 at 8:25 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home