(FOR SOME REASON THIS PIC IS IN 2 PLACES - WHATEVER, I GIVE UP)



Friday:
We normally have a costume contest and pizza at work on Halloween, typically it is for an hour (normal lunch break). First place is $100, 2nd is $75, and 3rd is $50. The days before Halloween were a little unstable at work. On Wednesday there were 10 office people that were let go. 4 from our Vegas office and 6 from the SD offices. Needless to say the tension was thick and the mood very somber, and there were a few tears as well. I am happy to say that I am safe. I was promoted almost exactly a year ago and I have been told that it is going well, plus there are only 3 of us in my department now and 1 of the 3 is in the field full time so I know they cannot get rid of my position.
Our CEO sent out an email letting us know that these cutbacks were necesary for the company during these hard economic times. to try and lift spirits they extended our halloween contest and lunch to include alcohol, beer wine and Captain Morgan (yay). During the party it was announced that we were free to leave for home early (I wish they would have said that before I had a few captains.....) I had to stay an hour later than most so that I could drive home :)I have a few pictures of our contest and of some of the offices that were decorated. I was a dud, I did not dress up and all I really put in my office were some spider webs...
That night I passed out candy till about 8 PM, then walked around the block with my neighbor and her kids then headed over to a friends party.
Saturday:
I did not make it to Mad's soccer game, 9 AM was just to damn early after drinking the night before. I went to her game last week so hopefully she did not miss me.
I did make it to Target to look for some after halloween sales. Then I ran into Mervyns when I saw that they are closing all of their stores - I am so bummed, that was one of my first credit cards. then I went to the mall to meet some friends for lunch at Oscar's then of course I did some shopping. For some reason I cannot remeber what else happened on Sat. Oh well.

Sunday:
The main thing I did was to go and see The Changeling. It was such a good movie. Not an entertaining movie, if that makes sense. It was a dark drama , based on a true story about a missing child in Los Angeles in 1928. Wow, it was good, sad and a history lesson all in 2.5 hours. I do recommend it, but it is not one that I would purchase and watch over again.





SPIDER WEBS ON MY WALL






PART OF MARKETING HALLWAY

LOOKING DOWN MARKETING HALLWAY

RECEPTIONIST

MY FAV CUBICLE IN ACCOUNTING. JACKIE DRESSED AS A MERMAID (SHE WOULD NOT GET IN THE PIC)

CHICKEN CAME IN FIRST, TRAUMA PATIENT 2ND, VAMPIRESS 3RD!

3 comments:

i am glad your job is safe! that would be aweful to be layed off right before the holidays.

Your office looks like alot of fun!

November 3, 2008 at 6:30 PM  

looks like a fun place to work Jim dressed up as a gorilla, well he wore a suit a mask and gorilla hands to work.

November 3, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

I'm so glad your job is safe. Those are some fun costumes. I ended up dressing on Thursday and Friday as a pirate at my job. and wow, alcohol at work.. nice one.

November 3, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home